LIFT Yoga and Personal Training was established in 2012 and grew from Lucy’s passion as a fitness professional, who wanted to provide an accessible, fulfilling and fun training offer to people from all walks of life.
Lucy specialises in both modern pregnancy and post natal exercise prescription. So whether you’re feeling concerned about getting into shape or a little anxious that you’ve never trained before, now is the time to set some fitness goals – and let Lucy help you in achieving them! She has a fun, motivational & approachable style that can help you meet your own individual training goals. Lucy is an experienced kettlebell instructor and is keen to let people experience the effects and impressive results they can bring, no matter what your current level of fitness.
Collaborations with local businesses:
Lucy works in close collaboration with Candice Taylor of Taylor Chiropractic, on Church Road in Hove. Both Lucy and Candice believe in the combination of chiropractic care and yoga to look after your body and mind.
Lucy also works with Studio 57 Clinic in Hove, helping people recover from injuries and creating bespoke personal training programmes to help increase strength and prevent injury. As well as physiotherapy, Studio 57 Clinic offers sports massage, osteopathy, acupuncture, and more.
Lucy also teaches dance, providing one to one training, small group sessions for groups of friends or colleagues, adult and children’s classes in hip hop, contemporary, improvisation or just simply helping with developing rhythm and coordination for when you want to hit the dance floor! For her own fitness she enjoys running outdoors, kettlebell training, yoga and dance.
Set yourself a goal; be it size, shape, weight or strength … and remain focused! That helps to keep you on track. But stay grounded and enjoy the journey along the way!
Favourite fitness quote:
‘When performance improves, spirit soars, confidence evolves and character develops.’ Mark Twight
Lucy’s Fitness Qualifications:
- Diploma in Personal Training (Premier Training International)
- Baby Massage Instructor (To Baby And Beyond)
- Advanced Extreme Kettlebell Instructor (Optimal Life Fitness)
- Modern Pregnancy Exercise (Burrell Education)
- Post-Natal Assessment and Exercise Prescription (Burrell Education)
- Performance Boxing Level 1 (Optimal Life Fitness)
- Exercise to Music, Level 3, Advanced Instructor (YMCA)
- Anatomy In Motion, ‘Finding Centre’, Level 1 and 2 (Gary Ward, AiM)
- Weight Management, (Cybex)
- Pole Dancing Level 4 (The Pole Dancing School)
- BA Hons, Dance with Performing Arts (Middlesex University)
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher (Claire Missingham)