LIFT Yoga and Personal Training was established in 2012 and grew from Lucy’s passion as a fitness professional, who wanted to provide an accessible, fulfilling and fun training offer to people from all walks of life.
In her role as a personal trainer Lucy specialises in pregnancy and post natal exercise. So whether you’re feeling concerned about getting into shape or a little anxious that you’ve never trained before, now is the time to set some fitness goals – and let Lucy help you in achieving them! She has a fun, motivational & approachable style that can help you meet your own individual training goals. Lucy is an experienced kettlebell instructor and is keen to let people experience the effects and impressive results they can bring, no matter what your current level of fitness.
Having been working in movement and the body since 2006, Lucy then qualified as a yoga instructor in July 2013. Having started yoga around age 15 Lucy was sure one day she would train to teach it. And so she did! Lucy adores this ancient art and remains honoured to share it and in awe of what yoga can and does do; from having experienced emotional releases during practice to just how it helps one to be more comfortable in your frame — your body. Yoga/Lucy’s style of class helps to stretch, gently strengthen and release — always with an awareness of the breath — therefore reducing tension and improving posture.
Lucy also teaches dance, providing one to one training, small group sessions for groups of friends or colleagues, adult and children’s classes in hip hop, contemporary, improvisation or just simply helping with developing rhythm and coordination for when you want to hit the dance floor! For her own fitness she enjoys running outdoors, kettlebell training, yoga and dance.
‘When performance improves, spirit soars, confidence evolves and character develops.’ Mark Twight
Lucy’s Fitness Qualifications:
- Diploma in Personal Training (Premier Training International)
- Baby Massage Instructor (To Baby And Beyond)
- Advanced Extreme Kettlebell Instructor (Optimal Life Fitness)
- Modern Pregnancy Exercise (Burrell Education)
- Post-Natal Assessment and Exercise Prescription (Burrell Education)
- Performance Boxing Level 1 (Optimal Life Fitness)
- Exercise to Music, Level 3, Advanced Instructor (YMCA)
- Anatomy In Motion, ‘Finding Centre’, Level 1 and 2 (Gary Ward, AiM)
- Weight Management, (Cybex)
- Pole Dancing Level 4 (The Pole Dancing School)
- BA Hons, Dance with Performing Arts (Middlesex University)
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher (Claire Missingham)