Here is a fresh tasting, flavoursome recipe by Silvana Franco. (I didn’t use feta cheese and it was amazing without, so use or exclude as you fancy.)
Serves 4, Ready in 20 minutes
- 50g couscous
- 4 medium courgettes, cut into thick slices
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- 400g good quality feta, cubed
- 80-100g watercress or various other salad leaves
- Handful fresh mint leaves
Put the couscous in a small heatproof bowl. Pour over 75ml boiling water and set aside.
Put the courgettes on a large plate, sprinkle over 1 teaspoon sea salt and leave for 10 minutes. Pat dry with kitchen paper, then sprinkle with the rosemary, lemon zest and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Mix well.
Put a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook the courgettes for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden.
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Whisk together the lemon juice, 2-3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the cumin seeds and some black pepper.
Toss together the feta, watercress, mint, courgettes and the dressing. Sprinkle over the couscous and serve while the courgettes are just warm.